All Lower School students are provided a Chromebook or tablet in Kindergarten through Grade 5. A Lower School Technology Integrationist works with classroom teachers and students to use technology as a tool in the class’ subject area explorations.
NGSS engineering standards are taught by our robotics specialist. A project based learning approach is used to foster inquiry and collaboration. This ensures a consistent and engaging program through lower school.
Technology at AISV is:
- Integrated – Teachers and students collaborate to integrate age-appropriate technology within each subject area and across subjects to enhance the curriculum.
- Individualized – Technology is used as a resource to differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs and interests of each student.
- Inquiry-based – Technology will be used to foster inquiry, including conducting research, gathering information, producing documents, reports, and presentations to make learning meaningful and authentic.
- Forward Thinking- Teachers and students are committed to continuous learning, using creativity and adaptability to explore applications of technology in their studies and everyday lives.
- Ethical and Responsible – Students will be aware of how technology affects both local and global environments. In addition, students will learn to be informed and accountable in their use of technology.