Tuition Reduction program for Gr. 3-12
The tuition reductions are intended to provide outstanding English speaking students with a proven record of scholarship and citizenship, who can prove a financial need, the opportunity to attend and enrich AISV. The Board of AISV firmly believes that providing an opportunity to bring in more student scholars with outstanding oral and written English language skills will significantly enrich our program and provide our students with more stimulating opportunities for dialogue and intellectual interaction, while also improving their English language skills.
NATURE OF TUITION REDUCTION
- The awardees shall be at least 8 years old by November 1st of the year for which the tuition reduction is granted.
- The tuition reductions may include tuition fee, application fee, or any part thereof.
- The tuition reductions may continue beyond the first year provided the awardees maintain the appropriate scholastic level and abide by the school rules and regulations set by the Tuition Reduction Advisory Committee (TRAC). This includes maintaining a strong level of achievement, regular attendance and exeplary behavior. As a strong learning community, we expect families to engage fully with the school, supporting both its educational philosophy and community activities. As for all of our students, we accpect a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Tuition reduction funds are determined by the School Board and may vary from year to year depending upon the school's yearly budget.
WHO MAY QUALIFY FOR THE TUITION REDUCTION?
- The awards are open to students of all nationalities ages 8 and up, and have completed the equivalent of grade 2 in the American system. Applicants must be age 8 by November 1st of the tuition reduction school year.
- Applicants must have demonstrated high academic achievement and outstanding citizenship marks in previous schools. Transcripts, letters of reference and current phone and/or email information of references may be requested.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Official documents will be requested as detailed in the AISV Confidential Financial Assistance Form.
- Applicants must meet all regular AISV entrance requirements.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of oral and written English and require no ELL support.
- Applicants must possess high personal standards and be in good health.
TUITION REDUCTION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- The Tuition Reduction Advisory Committee shall be comprised of the Director, Assistant Director and 2 current Board members. Director of Admissions and Director of Finance and Procurement will participate in the committee meetings when requested for clarification of materials submitted.The Director and Admissions Officer will receive inquiries for tuition reductions and be responsible for distributing and receiving application documents.
- The Director will determine whether or not the application warrants the attention and consideration of the Tuition Reduction Advisory Committee.
- Potential awardees and their parents will be required to attend an interview before the Committee.
- The Committee will meet in March each year to review all tuition reduction applications yearly for the following year; present it to the Board for approval.
- New students will be considered for tuition reduction as applications are received.
THE INTERVIEW SHALL CONSIST OF:
- WIDA and MAPS testing for appraisal of English and Math skills
- An essay on a given topic
- An appraisal of student interests and attitude
OFFICIAL RECORDS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
1. A letter of request addressed to the Tuition Reduction Committee of AISV, indicating the reason for applying for tuition reduction, along with an estimated amount the family feels they could reasonably afford to pay.
- copies of income tax return for the past two years;
- copies of mortgage or rental agreement;
- any other pertinent financial documents as necessary.
Academic information (for students who are not yet enrolled in AISV)
Official transcript or academic records showing completion oftwo previous school years.
Letter of reference by a former homeroom teacher or principal and contact information for references.
Copies of all standardized test results;
- Letter of reference by a former homeroom teacher or principal and contact information for references;
- Copies of any academic honors;
- List of all the child's extra curricular activities;
- Any other documentation which indicates the student's academic ability.
NOTE: All financial documents are confidential and will only be reviewed by members of the Tuition reduction Advisory Committee.
APPLICATION FEE: The Application Fee - € 350 - is payable upon receipt of a new student’s application form and the request for tuition reduction. Payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee that a child will be admitted as it is not refundable.
DEADLINE: Completed application packet with ALL documents for tuition reduction for the upcoming school year must be received by the school office by the last Friday in February of the preceding year. The school Director will determine whether or not to bring a late application to the Committee for consideration.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AWARDEE AND HIS/HER PARENT OR GUARDIAN
- The awardees must indicate acceptance within one week after notification of the tuition reduction grant.
- The parents or guardian of the awardees shall provide for all needs of the student outside those stipulated in the tuition reduction grant.
- The awardees shall observe all rules and regulations of AISV and shall meet the standards as indicated in the Tuition Reduction Agreements which has to be signed along with the Enrollment Agreement.
- To maintain their awards, the awardees shall maintain a level of scholastic achievement consistent with tuition reduction acceptance standards set by the Tuition Reduction Advisory Committee.
- A yearly evaluation will be made by the Tuition Reduction Advisory Committee on each awardee to determine if he or she is still qualified to continue in the tuition reduction program for the following year.